Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Joining

No real news to report.  I've done a little bit of research and I'm interested in the Republican Liberty Caucus.  This seems to be the Goldwater/Paul wing of the Republican party.  I've read through their Statement of Principles and can buy into most of it.

I do, however, have some reservation about becoming a big "R" Republican again.  I've been fairly comfortable the last several years not being a member of any political party.  I'm just not sure I can move forward and be able to affect change without joining.

I'm also a bit concerned about my ability to actually do anything with the RLC here is south Alabama.  The state chapter is in Birmingham and I don't think there is a local group.  I don't know if I'm ready to be a leader at this point and try and start anything here in Mobile.  I'm much more comfortable joining an existing group.  I'll keep looking.

 -JJA

No comments:

Post a Comment